Gain the knowledge and skills you need to support the Windows 8.1 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 networking environment. This course is designed for IT professionals who have experience with Windows devices and who work as Windows Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments.
Through this instructor lead, five day Microsoft Official Course, with extensive hands-on labs you will learn how key components of the Windows Operating system work in order to aid in troubleshooting system problems. How to identify and resolve issues with networking, Windows Store apps, security, group policy, Internet Explorer, remote access, and support of mobile devices.
This course uses new versions of Desktop Optimization Package (MDOP), Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT), Microsoft Message Analyzer, and is the first course that uses the popular Sysinternals tools, and other tools. This course also helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-688, MCSA: Supporting Windows 8.1.
What You’ll Learn:
- Describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 8.1.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 8.1 system.
- Resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot computers remotely.
- troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
- Maintain Windows 8.1 following deployment.
- Design and implement extranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Recover a computer running Windows 8.1.