This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, whether they are administrators, developers, or database administrators. This course also provides the prerequisite knowledge for students wishing to attend Course 20532D: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, or Course 20533D: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
This course will introduce students to the principles of cloud computing. Students will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course will explain how to implement the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, and Azure SQL Database. The course will conclude by describing features of Azure AD and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
What You’ll Learn:
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Use Azure PowerShell, the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK), and the Azure command-line interface (CLI) to manage Azure subscriptions.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Azure, and manage their disks.
- Create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure and deploy Azure platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
- Create and configure Azure virtual networks.
- Create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Use Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases.
- Create and manage Azure AD.