The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principles and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
What You’ll Learn:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.